CD4585B is a 4-bit magnitude comparator designed for use in computer and logic applications that require the comparison of two 4-bit words. This logic circuit determines whether one 4-bit word (Binary or BCD) is "less than", "equal to", or "greater than" a second 4-bit word.
The CD4585B has eight comparing inputs (A3, B3, through A0, B0), three outputs (A<B,A = B,A>B) and three cascading inputs (A<B,A=B,A>B) that permit systems designers to expand the comparator function to 8, 12, 16.....4N bits. When a single CD4585B is used, the cascading inputs are connected as follows: (A<B) = low, (A=B) = high, (A>B) = high.
Cascading these units for comparison of more than 4 bits is accomplished.
This item features:
- Expansion to 8, 12, 16.....4N bits by cascading units
compares two 4-bit words in 180 ns (typ.) at 10 V
- 100% tested for quiescent current at 20 V
- Standardized symmetrical output characteristics
- 5-V, 10-V, and 15-V parametric ratings
- Maximum input current of 1 ÂµA at 18 V over full package temperature range; 100 nA at 18 V and 25Â°C
Noise margin (full package temperature range) =
1 V at VDD = 5 V
2 V at VDD = 10 V
2.5 V at VDD = 15 V
- Meets all requirements of JEDEC Tentative Standard No. 13B, "Standard Specifications for Description of 'B' Series CMOS Devices"
- Servo motor controls
- Process controllers
- New and Authentic Component(s) - CD4585BE CMOS 4-Bit Magnitude Comparators ICs.
- Friendly Note: Be mindful of the many, inexpensive, counterfeits available on the market.
- We are expanding on a daily basis. If you do not see the part, or quantity of the part, you are looking for, please, let us know. We will do our best to accommodate you.