CD4029BE CD4029 CMOS Presettable Up/Down Counter
Description:The CD4029B consists of a four-stage binary or BCD-decade up/down counter with provisions for look-ahead carry in both counting modes. The inputs consist of a single CLOCK, CARRY-IN\ (CLOCK ENABLE\), BINARY/DECADE, UP/DOWN, PRESET ENABLE, and four individual JAN signals, Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4 and a CARRY OUT\ signal are provided as outputs.
A high PRESET ENABLE signal allows information on the JAM INPUTS to preset the counter to any state asynchronously with the clock. A low on each JAM line, when the PRESET-ENABLE signal is high, resets the counter to its zero count. The counter is advanced one count at the positive transition of the clock when the CARRY-IN\ and PRESET ENALBE signals are low. Advancement is inhibited when the CARRY-IN\ or PRESET ENABLE signals are high. The CARRY-OUT\ signal is normally high and goes low when the counter reaches its maximum count in the UP mode or the minimum count in the DOWN mode provided the CARRY-IN\ signal is low. The CARRY-IN\ signal in the low state can thus be considered a CLOCK ENABLE\. The CARRY-IN\ terminal must be connected to VSS when not in use.
Binary counting is accomplished when the BINARY/DECADE input is high; the counter counts in the decade mode when the BINARY/DECADE input is low. The counter counts up when the UP/DOWN input is high, and down when the UP/DOWN input is low. Multiple packages can be connected in either a parallel-clocking or a ripple-clocking arrangement as shown in Fig. 17.
Parallel clocking provides synchronous control and hence faster response from all counting outputs. Ripple-clocking allows for longer clock input rise and fall times.
This item features:
- Medium-speed operation… 8 MHz (typ.) @ CL = 50 pF and VDD–VSS = 10 V
- Multi-package parallel clocking for synchronous high speed output response or ripple clocking for slow clock input rise and fall times
- "Preset Enable" and individual "Jam" inputs provided
- Binary or decade up/down counting
- BCD outputs in decade mode
- 100% tested for quiescent current at 20 V
- 5-V, 10-V, and 15-V parametric ratings
- Standardized, symmetrical output characteristics
- Maximum input current of 1 µA at 18 V over full package-temperature range; 100 nA at 18 V and 25°C
- Noise margin (full package-temperature range) =
1 V at VDD = 5 V
2 V at VDD = 10 V
2.5 V at VDD = 15 V
- Programmable binary and decade counting/frequency synthesizers-BCD output
- Analog to digital and digital to analog conversion
- Up/Down binary counting
- Magnitude and sign generation
- Up/Down decade counting
- Difference counting
- New and Authentic Component(s) - CD4029BE CMOS Presettable Up/Down Counter ICs.
- Friendly Note: Be mindful of the many, inexpensive, counterfeits available on the market.
- We are expanding on a daily basis. If you do not see the part, or quantity of the part, you are looking for, please, let us know. We will do our best to accommodate you.